sftp exits with error NULL pointer given as argument

Pavel Rosenboim e97665728@013.net
Thu May 26 07:56:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm connecting with sftp from my work computer running Win2k SP4 to my
home computer running Fedora Core 3. My ssh config file turns on port
forwarding for several ports. In this configuration sftp exits with
error: "xfree: NULL pointer given as argument". When port forwarding is
turned off sftp connects without problems. Also this happens only with
sftp not ssh. The problem started after upgrading openssh package to
version 4.0p1 and doesn't happen with previous releases. I also tried to
connect from Fedora Core 4 test3 machine which also uses openssh 4.0p1
with same configuration and it does work.

Output of sftp -v -v -v -v -v pavel@pashar.dyndns.org
Connecting to pashar.dyndns.org...
OpenSSH_4.0p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
debug1: Reading configuration data /home/pavelr/.ssh/config
debug1: Applying options for pashar.dyndns.org
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
xfree: NULL pointer given as argument
Connection closed