Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Sat May 28 19:25:00 GMT 2005

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 10:19:26AM -0700, Andy Ross wrote:
>[Last post.  I've done my time in windows, and am going back to a
> world where the software works and people are helpful.]
>
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> I don't think there is much to be gained by reiterating that you have a
>> large user base who is impacted by this.  We're not a technical support
>> organization here.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Again, if a company is basing their day-to-day operations on something
>> like cygwin and they are experiencing problems with cygwin, it does not
>> make a lot of sense to me to rely on random email tech support for
>> same.
>
>FlightGear is a free software flight simulator (which you would know
>if you clicked on the link I sent -- clicking on links is even easier
>than running the sample code).

Yes.  You're right.  I should have clicked on the link rather than
assuming.  I had a knee jerk reaction to what I thought was a company
expecting cygwin tech support.  I was very wrong and I apologize for
acting on my lame assumption.

cgf