I have user mounts instead of system ones.

Larry Hall lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com
Tue May 31 03:20:00 GMT 2005

At 11:51 AM 5/30/2005, you wrote:
>Reini Urban <rurban <at> x-ray.at> writes:
>

>> Jason FU schrieb:
>> > As described in
>> >
>> > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-06/msg00347.html
>> >
>> > I also have the same problem.
>> >

>> Run
>>    umount -U
>> now to remove all user mounts.
>>

>But after this command, how do I restart those services again, please?
>The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( init ) cannot be found. The local
>computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to
>display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=
>flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The
>following information is part of the event: init : PID 1768 : starting service
>`init' failed: fork: 0, No error.

<snip>

Unless you installed these services with a particular user specified (see
the '-u' flag of 'cygrunsrv'), none of the services should be using any
user mount.  All services started by 'cygrunsrv', by default, run as
SYSTEM.  If you did install the services (manually) specifying a particular
user account, you'll want to uninstall and reinstall those services and use
the default (SYSTEM) account.  The fork error you reported here is not the
one I would have expected to see in the case where your services were being
run as a certain user but it may be the cause.  You should also look at the
log files in /var/log to see if there is more information that will help
you determine what the cause of this error is.  If you need to follow-up
with this list again on this issue, please read and follow the problem
reporting guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.

Holliston, MA 01746