slow windows foreground operation after installing cygwin-1.5.17-1

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Tue May 31 03:52:00 GMT 2005

What Mark said, plus, if you are using up as you say "most of the available
memory" (and are actually using it not just allocating it), you are starving
the rest of the system for RAM, and then you start hitting your pagefile.
== slow.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle