WINE on Cygwin

Informações info@sparsi.com
Thu Nov 3 13:10:00 GMT 2005

    Hey All,

    I'm seriously interested in making the WINESERVER work under Cygwin and
have been invistigating some of the issues related to this matter. One of
the WineHQ developers informed me that:

    "... the last time someone tried, the main obstacle was that cygwin
doesn't support sendmsg() to send file descriptors across processes, which
means that the wine server cannot work. This in turn means you cannot run
kernel32 or user32. "

    Some further invistigation shows that this is an old issue that has
arisen several times during the course of the Cygwin history. Does anybody
has any clue on the status of this issue ? Could anyone provide me some
useful information that I could take as an starting point for this
implementation ?

    Any other comments regarding the bulding/execution of the Wine under
Cygwin would be very welcome.

    FLu-X