NetPbm - xwdtopnm???

René Berber rberber@prodigy.net.mx
Sat Nov 5 14:52:00 GMT 2005

Vincent Nauwelaers wrote:

> I'm a thesis student working with CYGWIN to run the NS-2 network simulator.  I'm
> analysing networks and NAM, the analysis tool, creates .xwd-files.  So I would
> like to convert them to jpeg or gif, so I read about NETPBM with contains lots
> of convertion methods.
>
> The ppmto... and pnmto... all seem to work, but "_ xwdtojpg _" the only method
> to convert XWD-files doesn't seem to be there!
>
> Am I doing something wrong ? Am I forgetting something ?

Netpbm compiles out of the box under Cygwin, so if the Cygwin distributed
package doesn't have what you want I recommend uninstalling it and compiling
from source.  There is probably (I don't have it installed) an explanation in
usr/share/doc/Cygwin/netpbm-10.29.README about what is not included.

BTW in Netpbm 10.28 (the last I compiled) there is no xwdtojpg, but there is
xwdtopnm and pnmtojpeg.

HTH
--
René Berber