nfs problems

Rodrigo Amestica ramestic@nrao.edu
Tue Nov 8 15:42:00 GMT 2005

I have a w2k box running cygwin and in particular the nfs-server. Then I
have serge debian box with the standard stuff.

It seems that nfs-server is not able to actually make available stuff
outside the cygwin root. Is this a hard fact or is there space for a
misconfiguration?

in the w2k box I have installed cygwin under c:\Optional\cygwin and I
have used --change-cygdrive-prefix for changing the prefix to '/'.

c: and d: are local hard drives in the w2k machine.

My output is shown below. Trying to mount /c gives a catastrophic error
output, trying to mount /d seems to be less serious but a failure
anyhow. Mounting / works great.

cygwin is great stuff and nfs-server is valuable. I would like to know
whether I'm doing something wrong or whether I'm just hitting the limits.

thanks,
  Rodrigo

# mount -t nfs remote:/c /mnt/remote
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
remote:/c,
        missing codepage or other error
        In some cases useful info is found in syslog -
try

        dmesg | tail  or so

# dmesg -c
nfs_get_root: getattr error = 116
nfs_read_super: get root inode failed
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
nfs_get_root: getattr error = 116
nfs_read_super: get root inode failed

# mount -t nfs remote:/d /mnt/remote
mount: remote:/d failed, reason given by server: No
such file or directory
# dmesg -c
# mount -t nfs remote:/ /mnt/remote
# ls
/mnt/remote
/
bin  cygwin.bat  cygwin.ico  etc  home  lib  tmp  usr
var