php5 on cygwin

pobox@verysmall.org pobox@verysmall.org
Tue Nov 8 20:09:00 GMT 2005

> There are the binary cygwin packages for postgresql, just in test.
> built yesterday
>   (8.0.4 and 8.1.0)
>   http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/release/postgresql/
>
> In README is the binary layout. It should work OOTB.
> --
> Reini Urban

My experience is that the cygwin packaged PostgreSQL is placed in
different places than if compiled from sources. This leads to
difficulties compiling Apache w/ php without specifying where PostgreSQL
is. That's why I compiled PostgreSQL, so that it can go to its default
location.

But could be that I am completely wrong. Did not test extensively - just
until what I needed started to work.