1.5.18: Problem installing automake1.9

Colin Eberhardt colin.eberhardt@tecsphere.com
Fri Nov 18 12:54:00 GMT 2005

Dear All,

I am a first time user of cygwin so I hope this is not a stupid
question. I have searched the archives and googled the web but have not
found an answer yet.

I am hoping to do some C++ development and wish to use GCC, GDB etc...
from cygwin.

I have installed everything I need, apart from automake1.9. The files
are all unpacked, however when the installer runs:

"etc/postinstall/automake1.9.sh"

The following pops up:

"The procedure entry point ___getreent could not be located in the
dynamic link library cygwin.dll"

I thought that this is the type of error that you see if the wrong
versions of files are being used when trying to link or execute
components?

I am running the installer directly from the cygwin homepage.

Any suggestions?

Colin Eberhardt
Software Engineer
eMail: colin.eberhardt@tecsphere.com