Folder ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.sunsite.utk.edu%2fpub%2fcygwin remains after install

Christian Franke Christian.Franke@t-online.de
Tue Nov 22 08:03:00 GMT 2005

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

>Just one thing to add to what Brian said: setup by default offers to put
>the local package cache in the directory that it runs from.  If you save
>setup to the desktop, that would be the default value for the local
>package cache.  If you want a different default, save setup somewhere
>else.

Somewhat offtopic and probably FAQ:
The local package cache fills up with outdated (no longer in setup.ini)
versions.
Is there any hidden setup.exe functionality or cleanup script available
to delete old package files?

If not, I had written such a script some time ago and may provide it if
you want.

Christian