/dev/console : permission denied

Christopher McIntosh christophermcintosh@mchsi.com
Thu Nov 24 13:41:00 GMT 2005

Chris:

Thanks for your prompt response!  Sorry for the lack of details...  I've
been running cygwin for about 5 years now and love it!  However, I only
recently began using syslogd (and therefore had not noticed the issue
before).

Running on WinXP Pro/SP2.

'cygcheck -c cygwin' reports 1.5.18-1 (STATUS OK)

Specifically, 'cygcheck -c' reports OK for all 212 packages(?) which I
have installed.

Performing 'ls -l /dev/console' reports:

crw-rw-rw- Chris PowerUsers   5, 1  Nov 24 05:54  /dev/console

So this seems good.  This is a stand-alone laptop (not a domain client).

I also attached my messages file, in case there is something useful
there that hasn't caught my attention.

Thanks, again!
Chris