1.5.18-1: cannot start executables (except cygcheck.exe) on windows server 2003 web edition

Eduard Witteveen e.witteveen@HAWARIT.COM
Fri Nov 25 17:19:00 GMT 2005

Eric Blake wrote:
>>Not Found: sh
> Somehow, your installation of bash has failed.  Rerun setup.exe,
> and select bash for reinstallation, so that the postinstall
> script will run again and create /bin/sh.  Without a working
> /bin/sh, many cygwin programs have extreme difficulty.
When i perform a reinstallation of bash, no /bin/sh is created. I also
tried to run the postinstall manually but without any luck.
Then i started with making a copy of bash.exe called sh.exe, also
without any luck.

Is there otherwise the possibility for me to download a base-system
package? Or should i install some other package to get this postinstall
triggered to create the /bin/sh

--
Ing. Eduard Yeb Witteveen           Software Engineer
Hawar Information Technology bv   lid Dijkoraad Groep