Installation Fails (Hangs?) on plain vanilla XP Machine

surendar jeyadev jeyadev3@yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 19:44:00 GMT 2005

--- "Larry Hall (Cygwin)"
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:

> surendar jeyadev wrote:
> >
> As things are not even getting to step 1, could
there
> be
> something more fundamental at work -- such as
> communication
> problems?

That's what I suspect, yes.  You mentioned that you're
using
'Direct Connection to the Internet' for 'setup.exe'.
Is that
the same method your browser uses to connect to the
Internet?

Yes, in the sense that I use Roadrunner and the
setting there
is "Direct Connection to the Internet". So, if I were
try the HTTP or FTP methods, what should I use for the

proxy? One of the entries in the mirrors list? I tried

the one in Virginia for <mirrors.rcn.net> and the one
in
Tennessee <mirrors.xmission.com>, but did not get
anywhere.

thanks
sj