setup.exe 2.510.2.2 failing after displaying "set_cygdrive_flags" dialog box

Jonathan jonathan@kc8onw.net
Wed Nov 30 23:08:00 GMT 2005

I found this thread in the mailing list archives
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/threads.html#00901
which is the exact same problem I am having but the thread seemed to die
off with no resolution.  Does anyone know what the resolution was, if one
was reached, or what information should I supply, I have webspace I can
put fairly large files on if needed.

The gist of the problem is that setup.exe fails with the message in the
subject when changing an existing install or after wiping out the existing
install and trying to set up a new install.