on the road to 1.5.19 - snapshot testing needed

Volker Quetschke quetschke@scytek.de
Tue Oct 4 05:12:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 10:09:58PM -0400, Volker Quetschke wrote:
>>P.S.: We (?) will try the next snapshot ASAP, unfortunately this
>>means in this case on the next weekday (monday).
>
> I added new debugging and a new locking mechanism to the latest
> snapshot.  It's possible that the new locking may fix the problem but,
> if not, then possibly the new debugging will help.
>
> Out of curiousity, does your build use procps, fifos, or use the
> /proc "filesystem" in any way?
Not on purpose, but the main build script is a perl script that
starts the "child" (d)make processes. Maybe perl uses them.

Volker

P.S.: I just asked for a new buildtest to be started, it will
take some time ...

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D