Using cygwin with W2K in VMWare on Debian 2.6.8-11-amd64-k8-smp?

Joost Kraaijeveld J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
Thu Oct 6 06:28:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am using a Debian 2.6.8-11-amd64-k8-smp hosted VMWare 5.0 with a W2K
and Cygwin (latest version, all packages installed) as a guest OS.

I want to compile MICO in the W2K virtual machine, using Cygwin. If I
run configure it stops after checking if the C compiler works with the
following error:

"configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables."

Is this a known problem? Is anyone using a configuration like mine and
is able to configure/compile?

TIA

--
Groeten,