1.5.18: ld command generates stackdump

Peter J. Stieber developer@toyon.com
Fri Oct 14 17:36:00 GMT 2005

PS>>Tried 20051013 and it worked :-)))))))

CGF> I'm sorry that it didn't occur to me much
CGF> earlier that this was a cygwin
CGF> heap problem that was fixed in a snapshot.

CGF> I guess that, as a rule of thumb,
CGF> "try a snapshot" is always a good idea.

Not to be a total brown nose, but I've been using cygwin for a long time
and this is only the second time I've had to resort to a snapshot to
solve a problem. In other words cygwin is normally stable enough so I
don't think to try a snapshot.

I should have tried it before posting.

At least I learned how to build a debug version of the binutils package
on cygwin.

Thanks again, and I forgot to thank René Berber for his input,
Pete