Timestamp not preserved by Cygwin sshd

Alex Luso tapadamocho@yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 04:54:00 GMT 2005

  Alright, so the simplest solution was indeed to
switch to WinSCP client which does indeed preserve the
timestamp of the copied file correctly (and not a bad
GUI interface to boot). This resolved the
incompatibility between the -p switch from non-OpenSSH
clients and cygwin's OpenSSHD.

Thanks for the help Chris.
-Alex

P.S. Just as an aside - it turns out, however, that
now the timestamp of the folders are not preserved.
This is not a big deal but def. strange as the use of
non-OpenSSH clients preserved the folder's timestamp
(although not the files within). Odd, odd, but not a
big deal. I will direct the question to WinSCP as this
has likely nothing to do with cygwin.