Invalid argument error when using recvfrom

Thu Oct 27 07:45:00 GMT 2005

On Oct 26 13:57, Fernando Barsoba wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Using raw sockets with cygwin is being really painful... After being
> able to create an IP datagram using the latest snapshot now I'm getting
> the error "Invalid argument" when calling recvfrom() without doing BIND
> first.
>
> There is no need to call bind() before recvfrom when using raw sockets.
> Why am i getting this error now? Some restriction with winsock?

Probably.  When using raw sockets with Cygwin, you're really in the
hands of Winsock, which has a couple of restrictions in that matter.
I'd suggest to have a look into MSDN which elaborates a bit on the usage
of raw sockets.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.