AllVersions: Running Cygwin X w/ Registy Entries

Tim Prince tprince@myrealbox.com
Thu Oct 27 10:37:00 GMT 2005

Chris Taylor wrote:

> It's not *directly* editing the registry. As a sysadmin, I'm telling you
> it *is* different.
> The (l)user should *never* be allowed to edit the registry themselves.
> That's a recipe for disaster.
> In my book, this includes so-called junior sysadmins/techs/whatever.

No one should be allowed to make software which puts the (l)user in the
position
of having to use registry tools.  But, this will not happen.  For
example, it is practically impossible to use Windows outside a corporate
environment without installing something from SBC which habitually
messes up the registry.