Posting problems

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Sun Sep 4 23:22:00 GMT 2005

Mike Miller wrote:

> A message of mine was rejected today and I received the "failure notice"
> below.  There was nothing wrong with my message and there was no obvious
> reason for it to have been rejected.

Um, did you try actually reading what the bounce said?

> Sorry, your message has been denied due to keywords found in your
> subject.  This is probably due to an off-topic post.
> Subject: xterm and rxvt titles and icon names

There is a mailing list for X11-related topics.  It's cygwin-xfree <at>
cygwin.com.  It's off-topic for cygwin <at> cygwin.com.

As to the other problems: Attachments are fine.  HTML email though is
forbidden.  The reason for the rejection will be stated in the bounce.

Brian