Intermittent scp crash on completion, Win98 SE, snapshot

Aaron Humphrey alfvaen@gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:03:00 GMT 2005

On 9/2/05, Christopher Faylor  wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 07:27:46PM -0600, Aaron Humphrey wrote:
> If you can get this to fail under strace, that would probably point to
> the problem pretty quickly.  It looks like something is trying to get
> the pid of the process during the final stages of process shutdown after
> all of the info about the process has been purged.

I tried a few times on the weekend, but no success yet.  The first time,
strace crashed right away, leaving me with an unkillable error window,
which left me gunshy for a couple of days.  When I tried it again this
morning, it did much the same thing, except that the error window only
popped up twice--once with an error in cygwin1.dll, once with an error in
kernel32.dll.  There was something in the strace file, but considering that
scp didn't even get to the point of prompting me for my password(I should
perhaps mention that I'm using password authentication, rather than
publickey), I didn't think it was likely to be the same problem.  Any other
suggestions on dealing with the original issue, or even the strace crash?

--
--Alfvaen (Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Cure:Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me