compile mysql sources on cygwin

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Tue Sep 6 17:37:00 GMT 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Andrea wrote:
>

>>>There's not enough information in your message to help you.  How did you
>>>configure?  Are you doing a vpath build (outside of the source tree)?
>>>Mysql 5 does compile fine under Cygwin, but you may require a few small
>>>patches.  Search the archives for details.  But if you're planning to
>>>use the server (instead of just the client utils and libs) then you will
>>>be somewhat disappointed.
>>
>>I'm configured with --with-embedded-server under the source tree!
>>I've need the libmysqld.a library, for my application.
>

> I've never tried building the embedded server.  Try a vpath build, and
> try re-bootstrapping the autotools.  Also, search for Gerrit's patches
> in the archives.  If none of these work then you'll have to try to find
> out what the problem is by looking into the build system.

Put this patch and the script in a directory with the 4.1.13a tarball:

http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/mysql/mysql-4.1.13a-1.patch.zip
http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/mysql/mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh

cd to the same directory, unzip the patch:
$ unzip mysql-4.1.13a-1.patch.zip
and call the script several times:
$ ./mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh prep
$ ./mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh lnconf
$ ./mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh conf
$ ./mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh build
$ ./mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh install
$ ./mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh strip
$ ./mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh pkg
$ ./mysql-4.1.13a-1.sh spkg

After this, the library should be in mysql-4.1.13a/.inst/usr/lib
and in the devel tarball created in the last step.

Gerrit