1.5.18-1 Segfault on setup postinstall

Andrew Comport acomport@hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:53:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

It has now been 2 weeks that I am trying to get my cywin setup working
again. After having problems with an update I have deleted everything
including registry values and tried a fresh install. The setup always gets
to the same point (98%) and then hangs.  It gets to the postinstall stage
and shows on the install screen:
Running ...
No package
/etc/postinstall/00ash.sh
Canceling setup at this point leaves bash.exe running which needs to be
ended manually, however, it has succeeded to install all the packages.
Running bash, cygcheck and other .exe from the msdos prompt gives a segfault
(Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION). Since there are no other posts on the
subject so I assume that it is specific to my configuration. I have tried
disable my firewall (Kerio) and my antivirus (Avast) with no success.  I
have made sure I have the latest setup.exe.

Please find attached my setup logs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Andrew