eval function not working anymore !?

Yann Dubost yann.dubost@capgemini.com
Thu Sep 15 15:19:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

 I have been using cygwin for several years now and I have several scripts
tant do not work anymore since I installed the latest release of cygwin
(doxnloaded last week).
The reason is the eval function that I use quite a lot in such ways as :

DOMAINE_LISTE="DOM1 DOM2 DOM3"
DOM1_MODULES='D1_M1 D1_M2"
DOM2_MODULES="D2_M1 D2_M2"

for domain in $DOMAINE_LISTE
do
   eval MODULES=$"${domain}_MODULES"
done

Before it was working fine, but now echo $MODULES returns "DOM1_MODULES" or
"DOM2_MODULES" instead of "D1_M1 D1_M2" "D2_M1 D2_M2"

Have you experience such a change ?
Do you have an idea why ?
How can I work around this problem (another function to use ?)

Regards,

Yann.