cygwin forgets CTRL key press

Luke Kendall luke.kendall@cisra.canon.com.au
Mon Sep 19 02:50:00 GMT 2005

On 16 Sep, Dave Korn wrote:
>  > I suspect it may be the keyboard or perhaps the KVM switch
>
>    Bingo.  That'll be it.  It cancels keypresses to prevent state getting
>  stuck when you switch from one machine to another.

Yes, after trying (and failing to reproduce the problem here on other
PCs), it occurred to me it might be the KVM switch.  If I use the
laptop keyboard, there is no such problem.

It hadn't occurred to me to try a non-Cygwin program like notepad (a
great suggestion, Brooks), and of course the same problem occurs there.

Thanks!

luke