CTRL-C kills ALL processes, not just foreground process.

Big Action joeasdf@hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:10:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm having a problem with Cygwin that I've never had before on previous
computers/installations.

When I hit CTRL-C to end the current process (e.g. cat some_long_file), ALL
my other processes die with it, not just the current process I'm trying to
terminate.  It's getting annoying, and I haven't been able to figure out why
this happens, or how to fix it.

I work on a Windows machine running Cygwin.  I use Cygwin to ssh to a linux
machine and launch my development tools from there (editor, source control,
etc).  These applications run like a charm on my machine using KDE on Cygwin
the X Window tunnelling in SSH.

Even when I use CTRL-C in a separate cygwin window than the one I am ssh'ing
from, my ssh connection dies, killing my editor, source control GUI, etc.

Can I fix this somehow, so that sending a CTRL-C signal to a running process
ONLY kills that process, and NOT everything else that's running?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Nik

P.S.  Attached is the output of cygcheck -s -v -r.