1.5.18-1 Segfault on setup postinstall

Andrew Comport acomport@hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 19:47:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am still unable to install cygwin. As a summary:
( I have windows XP Sp2 up to date.)

1. I download the most recent version of setup.exe (now 2.510.2.2).
2. I execute using default install settings.
3. Setup.exe hangs at 98% "Installing /etc/postinstall/s00ash.sh"
4. I click cancel and receive the message "installation complete".

Please note that cygwin was working nicely on my machine until about 2
months ago. I dont know if it was a cygwin update or something else
installed on my machine. I made a backup and deleted all traces of the old
cygwin installation including registry entries to try and get it working.

I rely on cywin for many features (xfig, xv, open ssh, etc..) and I really
need to get it working again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew