fopen cannot open device name on windows xp

The One i51359@yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 18:32:00 GMT 2005

Hi Jason,

Sorry to have to send this to you.  I've been looking
for answer and have posted this on the forum but no
luck so far.  I remember your name from a few
experience and knowledgeable in cygwin.  Hope you can
give me some hints as why fopen returns NULL on device
name in windows xp.

I've a c program that prints to network printer by
getting a filehandle from
fopen("//computer1/printer1", "wb").  That has always
worked on Windows 95, 98 & 2000.

When it's running under windows xp (sp1 or sp2), fopen
returns a NULL. Has any one had a similar problem?  Is
there a solution to this?

Thank you