solution to cygwin error: Win32 error 487 bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

PSP Blizz pspblizz@gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:29:00 GMT 2005

On 9/27/05, john.wei@nokia.com <john.wei@nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi, Tero,

> Finally I got a solution which it works:
>
> rebaseall: only ash processes are allowed during rebasing
>     Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services.
>     Execute ash from Start/Run... or a cmd or command window.
>     Execute '/bin/rebaseall' from ash.
>

> Hope it could help others to solve the same problem.

This was a close one with my "fork: Resource temporarily unavailable"
problem. The compiling of gcc 4.0.1 ran for a much longer time than
ever before it crashed. This time it crashed in a new manner:
e:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe (2976): *** CreateThread failed for sig - 0x0<0x0>, Win32 e
rror 1450

Cheers
/pspblizz