1. Problems with the installation of Haplotyper using Cygwin

Tim Prince tprince@myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 28 13:51:00 GMT 2005

matteo perucchini (IAH-E) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm having problems installing the program Haplotyper
>(http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~junliu/Haplo/docMain.htm) using
>Cygwin. I've managed to install Cygwin using Setup.exe. When I try to
>install Haplotyper, the software is detected by Cygwin but as soon as I
>start the installation the program crashes. I'm running setup.exe as an
>administrator, I have writable access to the directory that I'm trying
>to install it to and the setup.exe is in a directory different to the
>one of Haplotyper. I've disabled the antivirus software (McAfee
>Antivirus 8) and I've also tried the installation in safe mode. Nothing
>worked.

As the availability of this software is restricted, it may be difficult
for this list to help, even if your question is relevant to cygwin.  The
page you refer to indicates the software should be installed with Sun
JDK, but makes no reference to compatibility with cygwin, implying this
would be off topic.