XP Pro on a corporate AD network and thus 'sshd'

Michael March mmarch@gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 21:02:00 GMT 2006

This is the first time in years I am working off a MSFT AD based
corporate network. When I received my company issued laptop (running
XP) I immediately installed Cygwin, of course.

The first time I logged in it wanted me to run the make passwd /
groups script.. that proceeded to create 11K entries in my passwd
file.. and 5K entries in my groups file.  It made my personal home dir
the one I use on the file server and stuff like that. I hope that is
normal..

Now that I am trying to get SSHD working, things seem to be falling
apart. The problem I am having is that all the /etc/ssh* files are
owned by my user name and not the 'sshd' username, so the daemon
doesn't startup. Even when I change the UID of those files to 'sshd',
I still get these errors:

Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_key
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
Could not load host key: /etc/ssh_host_dsa_key
Disabling protocol version 1. Could not load host key
Disabling protocol version 2. Could not load host key
sshd: no hostkeys available -- exiting.

Any ideas?
--
<admiral>