when is using cygserver recommended? (I read the FAQ)

Tom Rodman cygwin@trodman.com
Thu Apr 6 16:53:00 GMT 2006

On Thu 4/6/06 10:10 EDT "Luis P Caamano" wrote:
> On 6 Apr 2006 03:44:22 -0000, cygwin-digest-help@cygwin.com
> <cygwin-digest-help@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >

> > fork problem
> >         120469 by: david@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd)
>
> I started using cygserver and edited its config file to use 310 procs
> instead of 62.  In /etc/cygserver.conf, I edited the following:
--snip

I just read

  /usr/share/doc/cygwin-doc-1.4/html/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygserver.html

for the first time.

We mainly run fairly straight forward bash and perl scripts under
cygwin, both at the commandline and through cron; some scripts use
make, some use background processes and "wait".

At what point does it make sense to start using the cygserver service?
Some guidelines for nondeveloper types in this topic would be
appreciated- I did check the FAQ.

--
I see the fork errors once every couple of weeks or so. As Igor
suggested, once the problem is there, it often persists, until you

--
thanks much,
Tom