Changing default remote shell under Cygwin

Murali Suriar m.suriar@gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 03:09:00 GMT 2006

Igor Peshansky <pechtcha <at> cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Murali Suriar wrote:
>
> > I was wondering what configuration file I need to edit in order to make
> > ZSH to default shell on login?
>
> Change the user's shell in /etc/passwd.  Make sure you use something that
> keeps the LF line endings (i.e., not notepad).
> HTH,

It does indeed. Thanks very much. On a related note, on a university system
where chsh and ypchsh are disabled, I take it there's no way for me to change
my login shell to ZSH? I'd have to start a BASH instance and drop into ZSH
from there?

Thanks,

Murali.