Cygwin backwards compatibility break with WinMain and GetCommandLine (was Re: WinMain() not getting cl...)

Chris Sutcliffe ir0nh34d@gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:26:00 GMT 2006

Just a thought....

Since this could potentially cause some misunderstanding, what about
bumping the Cygwin DLL version number to 1.6.0?  That way there could
be some sort of statement to the affect that apps requiring these
functions should be relinked with 1.6.0 when it's released.  It's
semantics I suppose, but I think it would be easier to differentiate
1.5.x series from 1.6.x as opposed to stating relinking may be
required against 1.5.20 and greater.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe