problem accessing *unsecured* network share through passwordless ssh

Rob Siklos rob2@siklos.ca
Thu Apr 13 18:47:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a problem accessing unsecured network shares when logging in using
passwordless (public key) authentication with ssh.

On my laptop, I have a shared folder that has full security permissions to
"Everyone", and is shared with full share permissions to "Everyone".

This share is mapped as a network drive on my desktop.  However, when I ssh
from my laptop to my desktop, "net use" shows the drive as "Unavailable".

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?  I was under the impressesion
that if I gave full permissions on the share, this would work.

Thanks in advance,

Rob.