Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

Natalia (Tasha) Belfiore nmb@berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 18 23:11:00 GMT 2006

Yes, I do mean from the cygwin site. If I click on "install now" and I have
a copy on my laptop, there is a brief pause and then the cursor blinks
again. Then there's a duplicate copy of "setup.exe" on my desktop (which
gets named setup2.exe). I can't get it to even give me the window that asks
if I want to install from the internet or the other options unless I delete
everything and reboot. I am familiar with the list of usual questions it
asks when it's doing an install, as I've done it multiple times now. But as
I said, it wont give me those options on my laptop as long as there's a copy
there.

The output of cygcheck -svc that I sent was from the laptop.

Thanks for the tip about the cygwin icon in the upper left of the window and
the explanation about the NT family of OS. I didn't know it would expand if
I clicked on it. That works fine.

Thanks
Tasha