Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

Cary Jamison Cary_Jamison@Symantec.com
Thu Apr 20 22:11:00 GMT 2006

Natalia (Tasha) Belfiore wrote:
> When I hit "next", it went to the grey "Progress" screen and started
> to download, then an error box popped up that said:
>
> cygwin setup
> Unable to get setup.ini from
> <ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin>
>
> I hit the "ok" button, and it took me back to the page where I could
> choose mirror sites. I selected a different site and it proceeded to
> download and install correctly.

I have seen this recently, too.  I don't think it is a problem with the
mirror site, because it seems it always fails on the first try and succeeds
on the second, no matter which mirrors I choose.

Since I haven't seen others complain about it, I assumed it was something
wrong with my setup/firewall/etc.  I haven't tried to dig in to it more,
though.

Cary