Launch APP over SSH

mwoehlke mwoehlke-nospam@tibco.com
Fri Apr 21 20:04:00 GMT 2006

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

Wesley Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to run a program called MaxMSP. [snip]
> Even though I won't be graphically interating with it, I still want to
> be able to launch it this way.

One really cheap way would be to write an app that sits around and waits
for a message to launch this other app, but it sounds like this might
not be an option. I don't know if http://www.realvnc.com/ would be of
any help?

>> To try to be more helpful... What user is your sshd running as? If it is
>> SYSTEM, have you checked 'allow service to interact with the desktop'?
> How do I check this?

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services. Your SSH service *might*
be "CYGWIN sshd", but it might not.
Find it and go to Properties->Log On.

--
Matthew
If you can't use a real OS, at least use Cygwin to fake one!