Cygwin mount issue

z. k. bilos zbig_bsd@yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 25 14:12:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have an issue of “Permission denied” type, but it is more complicated than it
seems.

1) I have Cygwin installed on a server (Windows server). I connect myself
through Cygwin + SSH to another server of Windows type. I create a mount point
‘/home/toto’, of (binmode,cygexec) type, mapped to a resource on a remote
server ‘\\xxx.xxx.x.xxx\toto’.

All is ok: when using Cygwin + SSH I have access to my files in the
‘/home/toto’ directory.

2) The problem appears, when I access through SSH to the server on which cygwin
is running, from another server (Unix server). I have access to ‘/home/’ but
access to ‘/home/toto’ is no more possible because of a “-bash: cd: toto:
Permission denied” error. On top of that, when I run ‘ls’ from ‘home’
directory, directory ‘toto’ is visible, but when I run ‘ls –la’, ‘toto’ does
not appear anymore!

In 1) and 2) I connect myself with the same user. Why do I have a “Permission
denied” error whereas I’m connected as the same user? Can anybody help me to
resolve this issue?

Chris