Can not run telnet?

lin q linq936@hotmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:15:00 GMT 2006

Hi,
  I have cygwin installed on my Dell laptop with Windows XP, it works great.
But today I find a strange thing, I can not start telnet.

  In cygwin, after I run command, "telnet  myMachine", it quietly returns,
nothing happens.

  Then I go to DOS window and run the same command, it works fine.

  I come back to cygwin, and type "which telnet" and "type telnet", it is
using windows telnet, here is the log,

which telnet
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/telnet

type telnet
telnet is hashed (/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/telnet)

  Any clue why this happens?