rsync over ssh hang issue understood

Steven Hartland killing@multiplay.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 19:15:00 GMT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor"
>>Would it help the base rsync case do you think Corinna? Should I try
>>the snapshot here to check, if so what's the snapshot indent and where's
>>the best place to obtain it from, not used snapshots before but if
>>it would help you guys test worth a go?
>
> http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

That's for that replacing the cygwin1.dll prevents anything from running
what other steps are required? As far as I know I was running the latest
release version of the cygwin1.dll

The error seems fairly explanatory but apart from recompiling everything
from source I wouldn't know how to progress
[log]
     27 [main] ? (23648) C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - C:\cygwin\bin
\bash.exe: *** system shared memory version mismatch detected - 0x75BE0096/0x75B
E009B.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
[/log]

    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.