ssh from remote system into cygwin bash, JScript engine won't run

David Wuertele dave-gnus@bfnet.com
Fri Apr 28 18:46:00 GMT 2006

I have an IDE ("VDSP++") from a vendor on which I'm trying to automate
software builds.  It is a windows-only application, and they require
that I write scripts for the IDE in JScript.

When I use the windows host's console display to run a cygwin bash
shell, I can execute my automated build just fine:

       /path/to/vendors/Idde.exe -f /path/to/my/script.js

But when I use ssh to remotely login to the windows host, also on a
bash shell, and try to execute the automated build, it complains that
the JScript engine can't be loaded.

I verified
1) my environment variables are set identically in both the local case
   and the remote login case
2) in the service control panel, the sshd's login properties tab has
   "allow interaction with display" enabled

My vendor tells me that something in cygwin's sshd is probably
preventing the windows JScript DLL from loading properly.  Does anyone
here have experience running an appliaction over sshd that uses
JScript?

Thanks,
Dave