openmotif, .rdata, shared libs and runtime linking/loading problem

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Tue Aug 15 21:02:00 GMT 2006

Avi Cohen Stuart wrote:
> [snip]
> gdb reports the following:
> [snip]
>
> The address it is trying to write to appears to be a read only address in
> the attempt to resolve some adresses and updating pointers it crashes.

I've no idea why openmotif/whatever would be broken, but the above
sentence makes me wonder if '-fwritable-strings' (gcc option) would
help. If it does, shame on someone for writing bad code.

> N.B. sorry for the repost. I suspect that a different subject draws more
> attention...

Yes. It draws attention to the fact that you have now (potentially)
annoyed us by posting twice.

--
Matthew
Only Joe suffers from schizophrenia. The rest of us enjoy it.