SSH: The authenticity of host XXX can't be established

Kai Schlichting Gayson@web.de
Wed Aug 16 13:21:00 GMT 2006

Markus Schönhaber schrieb:
 >> I think, now it's all like you say, but same problems:
 >>    RootUserName # ls -al /home/_Kai_/
 >      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
 > What's this?
because my SSH is installed on an Eisfair-Server, my rootusername is
eis. I wrote RootUserName so that you know, that i was logged on as
root. The actual command line was
   eis # ls -al /home/_Kai_/

 >>    total 12
 >>    drwxrwxrwx  3 _Kai_ users 4096 Aug 16 14:27 .
 >>    drwxr-xr-x  9 root  root  4096 Aug 11 23:38 ..
 >>    drwxrwxrwx  2 root  root  4096 Aug 16 14:27 .ssh
 > Why is .ssh owned by "root"? Is this really your Cygwin machine?
I was logged on as root when i created /home/_Kai_/.ssh... The Windows
machine with Cygwin and the Server with Linux/ Eisfair/ SSH are both my
machines.