Running the FSL package from FMRIB

K Morris SVHM morriskf@svhm.org.au
Thu Aug 17 07:42:00 GMT 2006

I wish to install the new version of FSL (see
http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/).
According to their website:-

> "Alternatively, FSL can run natively under Windows XP once you have
> installed a free package called Cygwin, which is a unix-like
> environment running inside Windows. Programs that run under Cygwin are
> real native Windows programs but typically run within the unix-like
> directory structure that lives in C:\cygwin, which is accessible to
> all Windows programs. Please note that we cannot offer any support
> relating to the installation or running of Cygwin!
>
> Cygwin is (normally) extremely easy to install, but unfortunately the
> latest Cygwin distribution is broken at present - it doesn't work
> correctly with the latest TCL/TK/Tix, which FSL uses for the GUIs.
> Therefore it is necessary, if you don't already have Cygwin installed,
> to install a slightly older version of Cygwin. The following steps are
> pretty easy - hopefully Cygwin will get fixed soon and we can revert
> to the easier default Cygwin installation!"

Is this problem still current (was it ever?). Can I install Vsn 1.5.21-1
and run FSL without a problem?.

regards,
Dr. K. F. Morris
Centre for Clinical Neurosciences & Neurological Research
St Vincent's Hospital Fitzroy 3065
Australia

Disclaimer : The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended only for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged and/or commercially sensitive material. If you are not, or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.