Cygwin 1.5.18: Problem using setsockopt() for multicast

Thu Aug 17 12:31:00 GMT 2006

On Aug 17 12:37, Alessandro Saffiotti wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reaction!
>
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > On Aug 17 01:42, Alessandro Saffiotti wrote:
> > >
> > > I have also read the discussion about the conflicting values for
> > > constants between winsock1 and winsock2.  I have tried to replace
> > > IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP by hardcoding either 5 (winsock1) or 12 (winsok2),
> > > but I get the same behavior.
> >
> > Please don't do that, use the constants.
>
> Sure, this was just at test.
>
> > Yes, upgrade to Cygwin 1.5.21 and try again, starting with recompiling
> > the application.  If it still fails, I'll have another look into it.
>
> Right.  I have now upgraded to Cygwin 1.5.21-1, and recompiled all my
> programs and libs, but I still get the same behavior.

Ok, can you please create a self-sufficient, very tiny testcase, which
compiles out of the box, and which allows to reproduce the problem?
That would be very helpful for tracking it down.

Thanks in advance,
Corinna

Red Hat