copying and pasting in the terminal window?

mwoehlke mwoehlke@tibco.com
Wed Aug 23 20:40:00 GMT 2006

Eric Hanchrow wrote:

>     John> Hi everyone.  I just installed cygwin on WinXP and I'm
>     John> wondering if there is a way to copy and paste in the command
>     John> prompt, like in Linux?
>
> Sure.  But it's a feature of cmd.exe, not of Cygwin.  In other words,
> you can do what I'm about to describe on _any_ Windows box.

Um... that would be "feature of the CUI subsystem". It has no more to do
with cmd.exe than it has to do with bash; both cmd.exe and bash are
shells; the CUI is the terminal (emulator).

--
Matthew
'$ time make world' -> real 5d:14h:37m:5.291s  user 0m:0.000s  sys