[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: singular-*-3.0.2-1

Oliver Wienand wienand@gmx.de
Thu Aug 24 14:20:00 GMT 2006

>>    * factory, libfac updated for gcc 4.1.x
> Are these usable with the current GCC (3.4.4) ?

Yes, I compiled the binaries only with curr Cygwin packages.

>>    * new library: perron.lib ( perron_lib)
> Are the .lib (a typical MS format) libraries (in /usr/share/Singular/LIB)
> compatible with the format used by GCC (.a) ?

Actually they are plain text files. They are libraries which could be
loaded in Singular and written in Singular syntax. So you can not use
them with anything else, as far as I know. Singular provides its own
language (C-like) similar to Matlab, Cocoa or Magma.

... Oliver