1.5.20 and 1.5.21 break XEmacs UTF-8 support (error description)

Mirko Streckenbach strecken@infosun.fmi.uni-passau.de
Fri Aug 25 19:15:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

First of all, sorry that there are two posts.

The latest two updates of cygwin.dll make XEmacs crash when loading
its support for UTF-8.

How to reproduce? Start XEmacs (console or x11 does not matter), press
M-x, type "eval-expr" + RETURN, then type "(require 'un-define)" +
RETURN (this is supposed to load utf-8 support into XEmacs). After
that watch XEmacs creash with "Fatal error (11)". It creates a
detailed stack trace, but as it is about 1 MB long, I have not
included it. I can send to anyone interested, of course.

Going back to 1.5.19-4 solves this problem.

Any hints or advice?

Yours,
Mirko

(cygcheck.out installation info attached in the other mail)